At Preston School we recognise a core set of values. Inherent in these values is the overriding belief that all students can learn and must have the opportunities to learn.
- We recognise the worth of each individual, by valuing the personal qualities they demonstrate in their learning, living and working
- We recognise the experience of young people by valuing the talents and skills they bring into their schooling experiences and we commit to ensure that schooling enhances these talents and skills – ‘Bringing Learning to Life & Life to Learning’
- We embrace difference by valuing diversity in ethnicity, religion, sexuality, nationality and race
- We display integrity, by valuing openness, trust, negotiation, fairness, honesty and respect for all people
- We foster ambition and independent spirit by valuing each individual’s abilities, aspirations and desire to explore and create. We aim to be GREAT in everything that we do
- We acknowledge the role of networks by valuing the way in which people can work together and collaborate: locally, nationally and globally
- We acknowledge the place of school in the community by valuing the essential nature of the relationship between schools and the social and economic environment in which they operate.