Friday, September 7, 2018
Our 2019 school production Les Misérables is going to be a great experience and opportunity for our students but one which will require 100% commitment from all involved. We need you to take this letter home and read it with your parents, then sign the contract on the next page and return it to us when you audition. The production team of Mrs White (Director) Mrs Hughes (Musical Director) and Mrs Dalton (Stage Manager/Set designer) are very excited about this show: it will be an incredible experience to be part of it. We will perform ‘Les Misérables’ at Preston School on 13th, 14th and 15th February.
Want to join the team? Can you promise to do the following?
- I will read the rehearsal schedule and make sure I attend every rehearsal – Tuesday Lunch, Wednesday after-school, Thursday lunch and Thursday after-school. Be aware that additional rehearsal will be added if needed closer to the time of the performance and may involve a weekend rehearsal.
- In rehearsals I will be positive and work hard to achieve my best performance
- I will practice the songs at home so that I can work to my best in every rehearsal
- I understand that this is an ensemble show and that all chorus work is very important and the key to the success of the show. I will aim to perform every line as if I am the only person on stage so to make this the most amazing show possible
- If I am not able to attend a rehearsal then I will speak with Mrs White and Mrs Hughes in advance and ask my parent or guardian to email her with the details (See contract details)
- I will have fun and enjoy myself in every part of this amazing show!
Please prepare one song from the list for auditions taking place at Lunchtime in Drama studio:
Monday 10th September Main Chorus- “Do you hear the people sing?”
Tuesday 11th September Principal Girls - “Castle on a Cloud”, “I Dreamed a Dream” or “A little fall of rain”
Wednesday 12th September Principal Boys-“Stars”, “Bring him home”, “Master of the House” and “Little people”
Thursday 13th September Main cast and small role call backs
Friday 14th September Cast announcement in Drama studio and Room 39 at 10.40 (Break)
We are really pleased that you want to be involved with ‘Les Misérables’ and are looking forward to auditions next week.
Mrs White, Mrs Hughes and Mrs Dalton