Positive Ofsted report at Preston School
Friday, July 16, 2021
‘Leaders and those responsible for governance at Preston School are taking effective action in order for the school to become a good school’
Everyone involved in the Preston School Community is celebrating after receiving a glowing report from Ofsted, following a recent monitoring visit on 22nd June 2021.
The report highlighted that ‘leaders and those responsible for governance are taking effective action in order for the school to become a good school’ at the next full inspection. Her Majesty’s Inspector Tracey Reynolds, who is one of the senior inspectors in the country, visited the school and met with students, teachers, leaders and governors. She visited lessons and challenged the school to prove that it was making good progress against the targets set during the previous inspection.
The report also highlighted:
- Leaders have an accurate view of the strengths and weaknesses of the school
- You are tackling the areas for improvement identified at the previous full inspection. You have also acted on feedback provided at the additional monitoring inspection in January 2021
- Staff are proud to work at the school and believe the school is improving
- Curriculum development is well under way. Curriculum leaders have asked insightful questions about the structure of the curriculum and acted on feedback from the additional monitoring inspection. This is helping them to strengthen their subject’s curriculum
- You have allocated time in the curriculum to prioritise reading. As a result, pupils are reading more frequently. You have developed several reading programmes, including a phonics programme, that support weaker readers
- Governors responded appropriately following the additional monitoring inspection. They have sought out training to strengthen their knowledge of pupil premium and school performance measures. This is helping them to provide challenge to leaders. Governors are keen to develop their knowledge and understanding of the curriculum
Gregg Morrison, Principal, said “I am delighted with the report and it’s recognition that we expect to be graded as a good school at our next full inspection. I am so pleased for everyone in the school community who cares so much about the school that we have the recognition that we feel we deserve. Our staff work incredibly hard to do everything that we can for our students and I am proud of everyone’s continual team effort in constantly looking to keep on improving the school. Our students deserve this and we look forward to the next full inspection so that we can regain the good grade that we fully deserve. I would also like to thank our families, who have worked superbly with us and especially so during the last 18 months of the pandemic”.
In September we will be offering tours of the school, so that family members and anyone interested in seeing the school can come in and see the improvements to the school for themselves. Please follow our social media channels and our website for more information.
A full copy of the report can be found here: https://files.ofsted.gov.uk/v1/file/50166483