Throughout Year 8 students are given individual and personalised advice, support and guidance on the choice of subjects they will study for their final two years at Preston School. We aim to offer students a curriculum which allows them to personalise their learning according to their strengths, needs and interests. Alongside this we ensure students study a broad and balanced education, which will equip them with the skills, knowledge and capabilities they will require beyond Preston.
For those who need additional support, a reduced number of options is offered and they will follow the Foundation Learning course.
The options process begins mid-way through Year 8 and involves many opportunities for students to find out more about the subjects on offer to them. These activities include:
- Assemblies and subject information giving sessions
- Discussions with staff
- An Options Evening where parents and students can meet with staff.
Proposed Timelines for Options Process
- Thursday 22 March: Options Booklet given out (delayed until Monday 16th April)
- Thursday 19 April: Options Evening
- Friday 20 April: Options Forms issued
- Thursday 3 May: Parent Subject Evening
- Tuesday 8 May: DEADLINE for Options forms to be returned
Please click on the links below to view the Options Booklet: